Chic & Cheerful

Fashion. Design. Life. Etc.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October.


For me, fall feels fleeting. In the blink of an eye, the weather has gone from Indian summer to frigidly freezing winter, and I've somehow missed the precious weeks of golden leaves, and temperatures that are best described as "crisp." Inevitably I barely have enough time to make my way through the bucket list I concoct each fall of autumnal activities. October is easily the bulk of this precious season, and this year I'm not playing around. I plan on making the most of my favorite month and indulging in some seasonal delights. What might my plans entail? 
  • Making the most of this glorious weather- apple picking, pumpkin picking, and if my allergies behave, a hayride or two.
  • Seasonal recipe planning- Paleo apple crisp, parsnip fries, apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, and pumpkin brownies.
  • Mastering several DIYs- pumpkin carving, zinnia planting, and if I'm really ambitious, knitting.
  • Down time with my favorite scary movies- Halloween, Hocus Pocus, and The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown are requisite October viewing.
This year I'm actually ahead of the curve- I've already baked pumpkin brownies and parsnip fries, watched Hocus Pocus (twice!), and indulged in multiple pumpkin spice lattes. Bring on October! (Oh, and how hysterical is this?)

No comments:

Post a Comment