Chic & Cheerful

Fashion. Design. Life. Etc.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Counter Culture.

Untitled #15


Confession: I am a beauty product junkie. Any makeup emporium is comparable to a candy store in my world, and I LOVE to sample the goods. Although I always have my tried and true favorites, I enjoy playing around, testing new products, trying the newest, hottest, latest. I've lucked out with several really great products lately, and they're too good not to share!

1. If there's one thing I am obsessed with, it's lashes. I am completely preoccupied with creating the longest, blackest, most lush eyelashes possible. In fact, when I get eyelash extensions I always beg the technician to make me look like Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street. (No, really.) In between, when I'm forced to use mascara, nothing usually compares to extensions... until now. I received a mini tube of Benefit's They're Real mascara in my Sephora birthday gift and I am hooked. Previously, I've always been majorly underwhelmed with Benefit's mascara- Bad Gal flakes, their discontinued Get Bent did nothing for me, but They're Real? I may never need eyelash extensions again. I LOVE it that much. You can find it here.
2. I ordered Chantecaille's Les Macarons palette a while ago and it's only just come into regular rotation, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a small palette, comprised of 2 eyeshadows, a blush, a highlighter, and a lip gloss and all the shades are so beautiful and flattering, the lip gloss in particular. It's a perfect pink with gold flecks so it reflects light beautifully and doesn't need frequent touch ups. Grab yours here.

3. Chanel's Vamp is one of my tried and true products but I couldn't resist including it. It is the perfect wine color (well it's actually the color of dried blood if we're being honest) and I love how it pops against my fall neutrals. I'm currently sporting this fabulous shade and I couldn't help admiring how nicely it coordinated with my olive Alice & Olivia dress I wore yesterday. If I was only going to wear one shade of polish for the rest of my life (perish the thought!) it would hands down be this one. Snag your own bottle here.
4. One item I am incredibly picky about is body lotion. I hate the way most of them smell, I find them very greasy, and I am normally not a fan. The only exception to that rule is Creme de Corps by Kiehl's. I primarily use it on my hands and it saturates my skin immediately and alleviates any dryness. It does have a smell, but it's not cloyingly sweet by any means. I can't recommend this stuff enough! There are many sizes available and you can find them here.
5. Let's face it, everything Tom Ford does is luxurious perfection, and his makeup line is no exception. I am head over heels for his lip gloss in the color Sugar Pink. It is the perfect shade of pink, not too blue, and goes on sheer. It's not sticky at all, and the packaging is so decadent and substantial. This is easily my go to gloss. The price is not for the faint hearted but if you're strong, you can purchase it here.
6. I have admired the way Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge has chosen to do her own makeup since she's been thrust in the public eye. I've always marveled at how she is able to line her bottom lash line so precisely, and the moment I discovered she uses Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, I knew I had to try it. I was instantly hooked! I love the precise control using a flat brush gives me and the gel formula glides easily and is very malleable. My makeup routine is forever changed. You can snag a pot of your own here and I highly recommend buying a flat angle brush as well for application.

No comments:

Post a Comment