Chic & Cheerful

Fashion. Design. Life. Etc.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Things That Sparkle.

     Typically when a designer capsule collection is announced in partnership with a chain store, I go through a wave of emotions. Elation often leads to excitement, leads to anticipation, leads to disappointment once I view said collaborations in person. However... there is always an exception to the rule. One of my favorite jewelry designers Alexis Bittar, has created a small collection of tools for Sephora, and they are gorgeous! I've been a fan of Alexis Bittar for many years, and as a former personal stylist, I've adorned many a client in his beautiful, unique, American made (in Brooklyn!) baubles. I love that he's taken his natural aesthetic and translated everyday items into things that sparkle. The main piece of the collection is this exquisite makeup brush set, consisting of 5 gold and crystal encrusted brushes, and a sleek display stand. The set will set you back $175, but with tools this pretty, your makeup application will be far from boring.
     This powder brush and accompanying travel roll is perfect for a girl on the go in need of frequent touch-ups. This set will cost you $58.
     My favorite piece from the collection is this clamshell shaped compact. I have been searching high and low for a glamorous mirror to store in my handbag, and I have most certainly found a winner. This beauty will set you back $42. Run, don't walk to your nearest Sephora to check out these fabulous finds! Oh, and I've heard whispers that there are credits to the Alexis Bittar website in each package... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment