Chic & Cheerful

Fashion. Design. Life. Etc.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Em-mazing.


The Emmy Awards red carpet is always an interesting one. It's not quite as fancy as the Golden Globes, but it's a step up above the SAGs. I am typically completely underwhelmed by what walks the Emmy red carpet, but this year I was pleasantly surprised. 
Claire Danes looked absolutely ethereal in this plunging v-neck Armani Prive gown. I love that she kept the hair simple and the makeup and jewels minimal and was able to avoid looking like an overdone poodle. 
I fear I may be in the minority, but I LOVE Julianne Hough's Jenny Packham gown. She has really snuck her way onto my fashion radar in the last year, and with good reason. My first glimpse of this gown was on her Instagram and I was intrigued from the start. While I would love this dress without the transparent skirt, I think it really gives some edge to an otherwise girly gown. Imagine the Duchess of Cambridge strolling the red carpet in this one!
Padma Lakshmi really shines in this ice blue creation by Kaufman Franco. I simply adore the minimalist cut, as well as the open back. Again, I love that she chose little in the way of accessories; the gold earrings and big bold cuff are the perfect compliments to this stunning look.

All images via thedailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment